stat counter

26 June 2011

what, what?

this morning, i arrived at the breakfast table dressed for church, feeling good.......

then i looked at my plate.

there were about five or six shaped pieces of what looked like meat on my plate. they were almost shaped like three-dimensional triangles. i tried to primly pick up my knife and fork and proceeded to cut one of the specimen in half. it looked like funny meat to me. 


then i ate it.

then i knew that it was definitely not beef. obviously not chicken. possibly pork? the test came back negative. after a few more moments, a crazy thought struck me. what if it was...liver? GULP. 


then i realised that it was.

i had never seen liver before. i'd never eaten liver before. but it had a distinct taste about it...as if it were saying, "hey lady, i'm not meat. i taste funny. you don't like me, do you? and i have a funny shape. do i remind you of an organ?"

then eating that breakfast on the beautiful sunday morning got harder. much harder.

i managed to get through it though, mostly due to the fact that i had a big mug of a cold chocolate milk type drink by my side, waging war with me most wonderfully.

then i googled a picture of liver, just to be sure.

and yes. i ate liver. a bunch of liver, for breakfast, here in spain.


my world has changed forever. and no, i don't like liver.

No comments:

Post a Comment